Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy One Month Birthday, Gracie!

My goodness time flies! I can't believe Gracie's been with us for a whole month already! I'm trying not to get sad thinking about going back to work in August. I'm also trying not to get sad about how she no longer looks like a newborn and is starting to look like a baby. We're having so much fun together!

We spend our days taking walks, which Gracie loves to stay awake for. She just watches as the world goes by. We read books, too... she happens to be a big Dr. Seuss fan! We sing songs and dance together, which gets us really worn out for our afternoon nap! I spend my time trying to get her to smile (super cute!) or kissing her feet. We've also had several (and I mean more than a few) unplanned baths. She's really good at blowing out her diaper all over herself and Mama... usually just after I've showered and changed clothes. It's rather disappointing when it happens, not because I don't like giving her baths... that's my favorite, but because getting a shower and clean clothes (of the 2 outfits I own that fit me) is really hard to pull off.

Here are a few pictures taken this week!



Smiling Girl!
She likes to kick, kick, kick on her activity mat.




G-Mack and T-Lou or 'G and T' if you prefer
Almost asleep snuggling together.
(For those of you germophobes, they weren't that close for long,
but Tysie is very gentle with Grace)

Alright, back to laundry. For those who remember my post a few months back that I enjoy folding baby clothes. Well... alas, the fun has faded. Laundry is a chore once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I came across your blog, but I did! Grace is beautiful! It sounds like you are playing the Mommy role perfectly! :)
Amanda Lewey

Emily Graves said...

Love it! Any chance I will get to see her before the big move?

Kevin and Shari said...

I am obsessed!!! So precious!!! She is already getting so big compared to a few weeks ago when I saw her last!

Jessica said...

Still not fair I haven't got to see her but at least now I can see pictures! It may be a good thing because then I'll have baby fever! We all know Kyle is not down for that one yet hahah! See you in a couple months!

-Jessi