We began the evening at the Willis' house - long time family friends. My mom and Debbie were roommates when they first moved to Kansas City right after high school. They met and married best friends - my dad and Ron. Ron and Debbie were married the same summer as my parents. They had 2 daughters and so did my parents. The 4 of us girls grew up together... having so many traditions that we still keep to this day. It's so crazy when we get together because we girls used to be the kids, but now we're among the grown-ups. Trisha, Tara, and Steph have 2 kids each and I have just Gracie. But that makes for 7 little ones running around. Ron and Debbie still participate, as does my mom, so it's a blast when we can all get together!
After dinner and treats at the Willis', we headed to see Aunt Brandi, Grandma and Grandpa Weaver, and Great-Grandma Courter. Gracie was such a trooper. She'd fall asleep in the car on the way, but would wake up bright-eyed and ready to visit when we arrived. Since she couldn't wear her costume in her carseat, she was constantly getting dressed and undressed. But like I said, she didn't mind at all.
We got back home about an hour and a half past her usual bedtime. I snuck in a quick bath and put her to bed. She slept soundly until 4 am, just like always. I think she took a longer nap at the babysitter's the next day, but all in all, Halloween didn't wear her out too much!
Our Little Strawberry!
Here's the whole costume. I ordered it from Children's Place.
And in case you were wondering, she will be wearing the tights with a jean skirt in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment