Friday, April 27, 2012

First Fever

Last weekend Gracie woke up from her nap with a fever of 103.6. She was out of her head and crying inconsolably. After trying to cool her offer walked all around our house until she finally fell asleep. She woke up a few minutes later, still very warm, so we gave her a tepid bath and let her suck on a popsicle. It worked, afterward her fever was down.

It was my first experience not knowing what to do to help her. Both Ryan and I were pretty worried. We called the nurse help line and got advice and reassurance that she would be okay. Parenting seems like a piece of cake until you're actually doing it. Then you're never quite sure of all the answers. I'm not too proud to admit that I'm totally a typical first-time mom. Worrying about every little thing. Friends tell me that the second one could have a high fever and I wouldn't worry a bit. We'll see. I think I'll still hate to see them in pain.

No comments: