Friday, November 22, 2013

Good News... again!

Things have been busy in the Weaver house lately!  And I'm kind of upset at myself for missing many blogging opportunities over the past 6 weeks or so, but I'm cutting myself some slack because I have a good excuse!

We've been hesitant to share, but we're feeling pretty confident now that we've heard the heartbeat.  Yes, you guessed it!  I'm pregnant!  Ryan and I are excited (and a little nervous, too).  Big sister, Gracie is really excited, as well.  Although she has made it clear that she only wants a little sister.  I think it's mostly because she doesn't know that boy babies exist.  She has only been exposed to girl babies... only a few little boys here and there.  I'm not worried though.  I know that she will LOVE any baby!  If you've seen her around Natalie, you know how much she adores babies.

The main reason we were hesitant to share too early was because of our miscarriage in mid-July.  I was only 6 weeks along at the time, but it made me worry this time around.  We both trust God's wisdom with that pregnancy, that little one, and continue to trust Him with this pregnancy, this little one.  Since I'm 14 weeks along now, the "danger zone" is behind us and we're thinking positively for the future.

The first trimester of this pregnancy was different than Gracie's.  I was super-duper-double-tired this time around.  Which may or may not have been the case with Gracie.  I don't think it was quite as bad with her, but it's tough to compare pregnancy without kids to pregnancy with a toddler.  I also experienced some yucky-icky-sick feelings.  I wouldn't call it nausea and I never threw up... just slow digestion and an unsettled belly all day, every day for about 6 weeks.  It passed right at 12 weeks for me and I definitely did a 'happy jig' to celebrate!

We went for the 12 week appointment a few weeks ago.  The baby's heartbeat was 165, which is exactly what Gracie's was at her 12 week appointment.  Everything else looked good (there's not much to check when the baby is so small).  We also met with the finance girl, and she told us how much we'd be paying to have this baby.  Let's just say that the recent change in Ryan's insurance (due to Obamacare) has not resulted in any benefit for the Weaver family.  This one will likely cost 5 times as much as Gracie did.  Lovely.  I hope the hospital doesn't mind if we have to pay $100 per month until this one graduates high school!

I'm due on May 22, which is currently the last day of school.  Some people call that great planning.  I, on the other hand, think it's about 6 weeks later than I would prefer!  Either way, the kids will be almost 3 years apart, which should be perfect.  As with Gracie's first summer, I'm sure our lake season will be affected, but Little Weaver #2 will surely experience camping at a very young age, too!  This time Ryan and I are planning to find out the gender, which will be a new experience for us.  The main motivation to know is to help prepare big sister for her new sibling.  I'm actually really excited to find out what we're having.  No major guesses yet.  Some days I'm sure it's a boy, but yesterday I would have placed money on girl.  So who knows!  We will know at the end of December.  I can't wait!

If it crosses your mind to add us to your prayers, please pray for health for the baby, an easy transition for Gracie, and peace of mind for Mommy and Daddy.  Oh yeah, and if you have an extra second... pray that the baby is  a really good sleeper!  Just kidding.  But, really.  

No comments: