Thursday, September 10, 2015

Apple Picking!

Because I have an excess of sick days and the district will only let me use 15 of them maternity leave (long story, don't get me started) I've taken off a few Fridays lately.  I've been having my weekly baby appointments during Pre-Kindergarten and then I make it a point to hang with my big girl in the afternoon.  Last Friday, Steph and I took all the girls to Weston Red Barn Farm - "Wed Bawn Fawm" according to G - for some apple picking.  It was mighty hot for Big Momma Weaver, but we had a great time anyway!  Below are a few pictures of our afternoon of fun!

Baskets ready!

Big girls leading the way!

Little One trying to keep up...
notice that I'm behind her!

Checking over the apples for the perfect pick!

Found one!

Kia did too!

They told us the best way to tell what a good apple looks like is to taste one and see.
Gracie ate her whole apple while we picked!

Kia enjoyed her apple, too!

Little Natalie didn't do too bad on hers either!

We had a great time picking apples, despite the heat.  When G and I got home, we made cinnamon apples and cinnamon apple sauce.  It was delicious!  I look forward to another little lady to join our apple picking adventures next year... although it'll have to be on the weekend because Gracie will be in Kindergarten next year.  Ah!  That's okay... Daddy will be there to participate on a weekend adventure!    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FUN TIMES!