Saturday, February 6, 2016

Smoothies in Bed

A couple of weeks ago, Daddy was in Denver for work, so the nightly duties were all mine. When I'm all alone for bedtime, I feel bad for Gracie because she plays by herself while I get Hattie fed and in bed. It takes at least 45 minutes for her to eat, so G entertains herself quite a while. Because she's so good and because I feel a little guilty about leaving her all by herself for so long, we always make a special time for just the two of us when I get done with Hattie. So on this particular night, we made fruit smoothies and watched an episode of one of her favorite shows in my bed. G stole Daddy's spot, which may or may not have ended up with sticky smoothie residue!  

Oftentimes when it's just Gracie and I, I like to play a game with her called 'Do you trust me?'  I'll ask her if she trusts me and tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes. If she'll do it, I put something in her mouth, always yummy, to see if she can figure out what it is. That particular night it was whipped cream from a can!  So smoothies with whipped cream for the both of us!  Yummy fun with my big girl!  


No comments: