Saturday, September 20, 2025

Volleyball with My Girl








Hattie decided this summer that she would like to try volleyball in the fall. I signed her up for a local recreational league and also mentioned in the registration that I would be willing to be an assistant coach. Well, of course we all know how that goes… they were short coaches so now Momma Weaver is also known as Coach Weaver!

We have a lovely team of 10 girls who have never played before. A couple of the girls are some of Hattie’s best friends! These girls are also my former students which makes coaching them super special!  We’ve had four practices and this morning was our first game. I was so impressed with the girls! For their very first game, they lost two sets and won one set. We even had a few volleys!  Hattie didn’t get any serves over the net, but improving her serve is on her list of goals. I love that she’s setting goals for herself!   

I’m loving this volleyball journey with Hattie!   She’s finally participating in a sport that I also loved as a child and as a grown-up. I’m able to pass along tips and tricks to her and actually be effective! She’s also learning to move her body in a different way than she does at dance, which is another added plus! I’m not sure what the future holds for my little Volleyball Baby, but I know that we are having a ton of fun in our first season!

A big thank you to Aunt Steph for taking some photos for me!



1 comment:

Jacki said...

How exciting! ❤️ Great job Hattie!