Monday, January 10, 2011

Crafts to keep in mind...

I've always been a crafty person. I like to find cute and creative ways to save money. Often times my crafty creations require a little bit of sewing, but only a little bit because I'm not really good at sewing from a pattern. Maybe my mom will have to teach me how one of these days!

Because today was an unexpected day off work (gotta love snow days!) I've got a little bit of time to surf some crafty blogs and get ideas. I'm posting them here so I can go back and reference them later.

  1. Hooded towels - I'm definitely planning on making these. I already have my towels purchased, just need to get my sewing machine fixed (or go to my mom's house!).
  2. Undercover Crates - Thinking maybe these could be useful for organizing closets (baby gear, hats and gloves, toiletries)
  3. DIY Lampshade - Hoping to make a lampshade to coordinate with the nursery decor
  4. Homemade Bookends - I haven't found a link for homemade bookends, but I'm thinking of using mason jars and paint to make my own.

No comments: