Thursday, March 3, 2011

25 weeks

Even though I'm 26 weeks pregnant now, I never posted about our 25 week appointment last Wednesday. Everything looks great at this point. Well, almost everything, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Little Weaver's heartrate was 140 bpm and I'm measuring right on schedule. It was 26 cm from my pelvic bone to the top of my uterus. Apparently some genius doctor figured out that after about 20 weeks of pregnancy, a woman should measure in centimeters how many weeks along she is, give or take 2 cm. Since I was 25 weeks, 26 cm was right on target. My blood pressure was good and Little Weaver was moving like crazy! It's pretty much been a circus in there for the past couple of weeks. It's pretty fun! I can even feel the baby move in multiple places now... I'll get kicked on the left side and then right away I'll feel a punch up near my belly button. I guess Little Weaver's gettin' strong enough to make his/her presence known.

Unfortunately for Papa Weaver, every time he puts his hand to my belly to feel movement, Little Weaver settles down. I joke and tell him that the baby is probably in there saying, "Shhh... be quiet. My dad's standing right there!"

Now for the bad news... I guess it's official that I'm 'Big Mama Weaver' because I gained 10 pounds in the past month! Oops! I probably ate one too many donuts... or maybe 10 to many donuts. I'm not sure why, but I have craved them for about 4 weeks now, and apparently they just add pounds faster than anything! The doctor was so nice about it though. He didn't get onto me, just said that I could try to walk 5 times per week for 30 minutes. I'm trying not to feel too bad about things, but I have gained 21 pounds already. This could get bad. But I will say, I've only had 1 donut since the appointment last week. I know I don't deserve a medal, but at least it's a step in the right direction. My biggest problem is that once I start thinking about something yummy (usually sweet, although not always) I can't stop thinking about it until I get it. It's bit of a problem!


25 week picture
It's pretty easy to see my newest 10 pounds...

Although I have to be honest...
Here's what 25 weeks really looks like at my house...

1 comment:

Auntie Neff said...

Oh, my neice (or nephew) looks so cute, and the added 10 pounds makes it (her) look healthier! Can't wait to meet the munchkin and start playing!