Luckily for him, mommy pulled out a promise of ice cream after practice if he cooperated and things turned around quickly. Bribery usually works with Mr. Kyle - he must love ice cream as much as his Auntie!
Grandma has been to a few practices already and Uncle Ry-Ry and I wanted a chance to see him in action. I'm only a little biased, but I think he's really good! He has tons of fun when he's out there now... no more crying! His coaches have taught him how to dribble and use only your feet - 'no hands' they say. Last week when we watched, the kids were learning how to kick the ball hard. Kyle seemed to enjoy dribbling from the week before, but after a little help from Daddy, he learned how to kick the ball where he wanted it to go. In some of the pictures, the object was to knock down cones. Kyle was good at that! He was so proud of himself and his family was, too!
Bringing Uncle Ry-Ry to the soccer fields was probably a mistake. I asked him later if he had fun watching the practice, he sadly said, "Yeah, but I wanna play..." I think Papa Weaver is looking forward to having a Little Weaver of his own to coach someday. But don't feel too bad for Papa Weaver, he jumped in and played with the 3 year olds a little bit at practice. He felt like Kyle's team was getting the short end of the stick at one point, so he jumped in to even things out. A little competitive, I'd say!
Gettin' lined up for a big kick...
Big-shot soccer player in action
Lil' Sister watching her Big Brother
Running to the sidelines
Happy to see his Aunt Nerned and Uncle Ry-Ry
A much needed drink for the thirsty boy
No comments:
Post a Comment