Sunday, June 5, 2011

39 weeks

I'm just 2 days from the due date and I'm hoping Little Weaver decides to make an appearance on time.

This past week has been a bit of a rollercoaster of doctor's appointments and tests. The short story is that my blood pressure was elevated (130/90) when I went in for my Tuesday appointment. They went ahead and drew some blood and sent me home as long as I promised to put my feet up. After another appointment on Thursday (BP still up) they sent me to labor and delivery to have a non-stress test. The baby and I passed 'the test' and my blood pressure looked great. Then my assignment for Friday was to collect my urine for 24 hours (that was a lovely experience) and bring it to labor and delivery while I got another non-stress test on Saturday. Again, we passed the test and my urine came out fine, too.

At this point, we're just hoping my body kicks into gear and begins to thin/dilate on its own. The doctor called my cervix 'unfavorable' for an induction because I'm not thinning or dilating yet. She also explained that if they were to induce me (and they might) it could take 48 hours or more to get the prize. Eeek... that seems like a long time, to me. When I asked the labor and delivery nurse about it, she said not to worry because some women thin and dilate in a few hours. I'm hoping I'm one of those girls! So... if Ican keep my blood pressure under control at my appointment on Monday, then we can avoid an induction on Monday night. With my due date being Tuesday, I'd rather just wait till later in the week to see if my body figures things out. But if my blood pressure doesn't cooperate, then they'll most likely begin an induction on Monday evening.

I'll keep you all posted. Pray that I'm okay with whatever God's plan for the delivery is. His plans are always better than my own anyway!

No comments: