Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Day!

Today was a big day for Gracie for a few reasons. First off, she woke up in her own bed this morning. It was pretty funny when I went in to get her. She was smiling and laughing as usual, but when I turned the light on, she looked around and noticed she was in her own room. She seemed very proud of herself and was kicking and waving her arms in excitement!

The night was fairly uneventful. She nursed at 6:50 pm, had a bath and bedtime story before rocking to sleep around 7:30 pm. Then at 8:00 pm I laid her down for night-night. Of course I checked on her multiple times to get my Gracie-fix, but she didn't awake until 2:30 am to nurse. 7.5 hours since her last feeding and 7 hours of sleep for her. She nursed and went back to sleep right away, just like always. Then woke again at 6:40 am for another feeding. After eating, she slept again until 8:30 am. What a good sleeper she is!

She's always a happy girl in the mornings. It's hard to be sad about my little baby growing up when every morning starts like this! Please excuse the out of tune singing... Little Gracie isn't aware of pitch just yet, so she enjoys our songs.



Today was also a big day because Grace had her 2 month appointment. I know, 2 months?! Insane how fast time flies! She checked out very well, weighing exactly 10 lbs and measuring 23 inches long. She's in the 75 percentile for height/length and the 25 percentile for weight. Because she's sleeping so well, she has dropped a few feedings. The doctor isn't too concerned about her weight, but said she's a little behind schedule. We're going back in a few weeks for a weight check, but Momma isn't worried. In my unexperienced opinion, she would be fussy if she wasn't getting enough to eat and she isn't. She's all smiles unless she's tired or ready to eat.


Her appointment also included 3 shots and an oral vaccination. I decided on the way to the doctor's office that I wasn't going to get upset about her shots. I knew she'd cry, but I also knew I was doing it to protect her from serious illnesses. As expected, she did cry. I stayed calm and was able to comfort her quickly. So 3 hot pink band-aids and 2 sore thighs later, she's taking a nap to rest from her busy morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 25th percentile club for weight Gracie!! You and your cousin can have lots of fun....glad you're not taking after Auntie Steph in the weight department! :)