One of the things I like about being home with the kids is having the opportunity to cook wholesome, healthy meals and snacks for them. I quite enjoy the challenge their little tastebuds and our little budget create. Maybe it's my modern day farm wife fix, I don't know. For those of you who haven't read our blog for very long, my secret fantasy is to be a farm wife... that is, if Ryan were a farmer!
So sometimes I get creative in the kitchen with and without the kids' help. But yesterday I kept it simple. Lean cheese/hamburgers, oven baked French fries, and bananas with blueberries. As I was preparing lunch, the thought crossed my mind to tell the kids we were having Healthy Happy Meals for lunch. My McDonalds Deprived Daughter had no clue what that meant, but my nephew was intrigued... always a good sign! I found some little sponge farm animals that expand when in water that we hadn't pulled out yet to serve as their McD's toy. We put them inside small jars of water to shake throughout lunch.
Our creative lunch was a big hit. Gracie's favorite was the fruit, duh. Kia's favorite was French fries, barely beating out ketchup. Kyle thoroughly enjoy his hamburger and requested seconds, which unfortunately I did not have. Poor guy! So it looks like Healthy Happy Meals will be added to our lunch rotation.
And if you're wondering, yes, Kyle is wearing a bib. Only at my house and only at lunch. I have no idea why. But it cracks me up!






No comments:
Post a Comment