Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Snowy Week

Another snow storm hit KC this week, resulting in a lot of time at home and a few fun moments in the snow. The highlights of our week include...

1. Beautiful views of our backyard...

2. Playing in the snow with Kia and Gracie. The girls and these snow suits just slay me! I could not stop laughing as I watched them waddle around. Gracie's headband ear-warmer kept falling down over her eyes. She'd simply stand there and calmly say, "I can't see, Momma." It was seriously hilarious!

3. New snow boots! They even got worn over footy jammies a few mornings. I paid $17 for them on sale, regularly $50. Thank you, late season snow!

4. A "slide" down the stairs made for balls, Little People, plastic foods, and anything else that will fit. Lots of climbing up and down the stairs. Good practice for Little Miss G. She perfected her speedy tummy slide down the stairs.

5. Water play with a milk jug. Gracie loves to pour and scoop.

6. Why play with water when you've for snow? We brought snow inside, which provided a solid hour of fun and hydration!

7. All the water fun resulted in naked baby fun, while her clothes spun in the dryer. Gracie asked to be a 'baby burrito' which is what we used to call her when she was swaddled. But eventually she shed the tortilla and pranced around wearing only a diaper and socks. Oh yeah, while she ate more snow. Eventually Momma insisted she get back in her burrito. "No! I naked baby!" But in the end, I won!

8. Homemade pop tarts. Which is really just pie crust and a quick stove top jam. Delish!

While I don't like extending the school year, I must say that I enjoyed our snowy week!






















1 comment:

Chad & Brandi said...

Looks like so much fun. She is just so cute and funny!