We met the Hurt family for a picnic at Macken Park today. It was a gorgeous day for playing on the "twisty slide" and swings.
Uncle John and Kyle walked to QT to get slushies while we girls played on the playground. Natalie and Stephanie sat in the shade while Kia, Gracie, and I took turns on the slide. You know slides have come a long way from the hot metal hazards of my day. These new plastic slides don't get nearly as hot, but I'll tell you what, the static electricity builds up something fierce on them. No joke... I seriously thought I blew my fingernail off more than once today! I think it's because I'm so big, the girls don't have a much of a problem. But holy moly... it's serious electricity!
Here are a few pictures from our day. I just love the crazy faces I snap of Gracie! Sorry for not capturing the slide... I didn't dare use an electronic device near all that static for fear we might blow! Just kidding... I must've been having too much fun to stop for pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment