Monday, April 7, 2014

Gymnastics

Gracie has become quite a little gymnast in the last few weeks!  She absolutely loves going to class and completely adores her coach, Coach Bree.  She asks nearly every day when gymnastics class is coming and squeals with delight when I tell her it's time to get her leotard on.

A couple of weeks ago I snapped pictures while Daddy and Gracie went to class.  Because I had to leave early for my volleyball game, I only got pictures from the first 2 rotations; warm-up and tumbling.   Beam, bars, and trampoline will come later!

Stretching

Warming up with a pink balloon!
She ended up trying to play volleyball with it... another sport she's really good at!

Listening to her coach.
Such a good student!

Demonstrating for her classmates with Coach Bree's help.

She's almost mastered the "two footed jump"

Keeping her balance as she jumps with two feet from letter to letter
(Notice the tongue... a vital balancing tool!)

Walking her feet up the wall to build her handstand muscles
Daddy ready to catch her, if needed!

Forward roll, in action!

I can't deny that gymnastics night is also one of my favorite nights of the week!  She really is good and she just loves learning new tricks!  I love to watch her enthusiasm and perseverance.  When she doesn't get the trick the first or second time, she says, "Let me try that again!"  Such a good life skill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good life skill-I can't wait to see where her skills take her whether it be in gymnastics or other sports or even in life!