Tuesday, April 15, 2014

World's of Fun

For Christmas, my mom bought all of us season passes to World's of Fun!  It's the first time I've ever had a season pass!  Gracie has been out there before and loved everything about riding the rides... well almost everything.  It took her a while to get over strangers buckling and unbuckling her seatbelt.  But now, it's safe to say that Gracie is a thrill-seeking, World's of Fun addict!  The rides can't go too fast, spin too much, or swing too high!

Saturday night Graham Cracker, Uncle John, Aunt Steph, Kyle, Kia, Natalie, Gracie, and me ventured out for opening weekend.   There were a few hiccups getting into the park, but after taking care of business, we had the best time!  The park was busy, but since we went late enough, Camp Snoopy wasn't too bad at all.  We didn't wait in line for anything and the kids could just run to the next ride, without us having to worry.  Gracie and Kia are 36 inches tall now, so they can now ride a few rides that were off-limits last year.  Gracie's favorite new experience was probably the bounce house.  She would've jumped in there all night if I'd let her!

Gracie's Graham Cracker is so cool though!  First of all, she rides rides with all the kids... getting dizzy and giggling right along with them.  But even cooler was her experience with The Detonator.  She'd never been on that ride before, so I convinced her to ride with John and I.  It's really a fun ride, not too scary, unless you're afraid of heights.  We waited in line behind 5 teenagers who approached my mom, asking if she was a Grandma.  She confessed that she is a Grandma and they just went on and on about how cool she is to be riding The Detonator!  At first, I thought they might have been teasing her, but they were genuine.  As we all took our seats to take-off, one of the teens yelled, "Go Grandma!"  We all just laughed!  The actual ride was fun for us.  I'm not sure who screamed louder, me or Graham Cracker!  But she'd ride it again, I know!

Here are a few pictures from our super fun night!  I can't wait for summer so we can go more often!



Natalie's first ride! 
A happy girl in her Beetle Bug!


John and Kyle riding the "teacups"

Cool Grandma ready to ride the "teacups"

Spinning and spinning!
This is why Momma can't ride with Gracie!




Natalie's second ride!
Driving Momma!

Gracie drove me.
I was the kid and she was the Momma.
I kept asking for a water, kleenexes, and louder music the whole ride.
She would reach back and give me what I needed.
Afterward, she said this was her favorite ride!

Happy girls!

Happy girls!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo glad you can join us this year!!! It's so much fun!!!