Monday, July 28, 2014

Gracie's First Dance Recital




Last weekend Gracie and Kia performed in their first dance recital!  And let me tell you, it was about as cute as it gets!  Because this is the culminating performance for a short summer session, the recital isn't as fancy-fancy as the regular season recital.  Studio 10's summer recital is called Dance for the Cure, which is a giant fundraiser to raise money to support women who have breast cancer.  It was a super laid back environment for the girls to perform in front of people for the first time.  

Gracie and Kia got to dance to two songs from Frozen.  Fixer Upper and Let it Go.  The costumes were easy to put together, with things all the girls already had at home.  They both looked so adorable in their "Troll" and "Elsa" outfits.  And both girls were really good little dancers up on stage, too!  Neither seemed to nervous about all the spectators either.  Below are some pictures and a video from the night.  So fun!


Two Trolls!


Kia looks so pretty and happy!

Gracie rehearsing and waiting...





Costume switch... Elsa time!
Gracie sure does look like a princess!
Showing us their glove.
Elsa only wore one glove during Let it Go... you've got to watch Frozen to see why!


Princess Kia and Princess Gracie (with some attitude)!

Getting ready to go on stage!

I didn't get any video from the Let it Go dance.  There were so many little girls up on that stage and a helicopter dance mom and her helicopter dance husband kept blocking my angle so they could get shots of their priceless princess (who was standing on the front row... because her mom and lifted her up there... instead of having her use the steps... so that she'd been in the front... so that both parents could take video of her... in front of me... who couldn't see my daughter anyway... or my niece... because they were on the back row... because they used the steps... because that's what they were supposed to do... don't get me started...)

I'm a little sad that dance is over for the summer.  Gracie absolutely loved her teacher, Miss Cassie.  I thought she was so sweet and did an amazing job with the girls.  We will definitely be back for more dance at Studio 10 in the future!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fun night with such pretty girls! I will also miss our walks to William Jewell! :)

Kristy said...

Me too!

Chad & Brandi said...

I am so sad that I missed it but the pictures are adorable. I see much more dancing in her future!