Gracie was very interested in Jesus' death and resurrection. She asked me to sing "Were You There" most nights before bed, but I opted to add verses about the stone rolling away, Jesus rising and saving us from our sins, and the joy we have as a result. Her fascination made me nervous, but ultimately, I'm glad she cares enough to be so intense. Another great tool we used this Easter was a set of Resurrection Eggs to tell the Easter story each night. It's similar to our Advent countdown, but shorter. Each egg contains a little trinket to help reinforce the events of the Bible reading. Gracie really got into the story and was able to retell it using the trinkets inside the eggs. Below is an Easter craft she made in Preschool.
The day before Easter, we attended our church's Easter Eggstravaganza. It's an annual event full of fellowship, crafts, pancakes, and egg hunting! As usual, we had a blast making our way through the stations. It's become quite a highlight of our Easter weekend!
![]() |
| Natalie even participated this year! |
![]() |
| Uncle Ry Ry took Kyle to his hunt and reported that Kyle was very strategic to maximize his candy potential! |
![]() |
| Always hold your mouth open when you pour the sand! |
After afternoon naps, Ryan's side of the family joined us for Easter egg dying, yummy dinner, and another egg hunt. Annabelle was old enough to join the fun this year. Gracie quite enjoyed having a buddy to play and hunt with.
![]() |
| Don't ask what Gracie is wearing. It's her undershirt and undershorts. I didn't want her to stain her dress. |
![]() |
| Cheesin' it up with Grandpa and Grandma! |
Sunday morning we were excited to get all dressed up for church to worship our Savior. It was a busy service with a group of pretty/handsome kids! After church Ryan, Gracie, and I had our last egg hunt as a family of 3 and got food ready for my side of our family to come over. Once they arrived, we had another egg hunt and more yummy food! By the time we had the final egg hunt, Gracie said, "Ugh! That bunny keeps making me pick up his eggs!" I cracked up! Apparently egg-hunts feel like a bit of a chore to my little lady!
We always take a picture in front of the same stained glass window. Man, the kids have grown up in the last few years. See for yourself.
![]() |
| Natalie was having none of the picture taking, so Grammy joined the pic! |
![]() |
| Silly faces (+ one sad face)! |
![]() |
| A beautiful girl! |
![]() |
| The Hurt Family |
![]() |
| The Weaver Family (baby bump at 18 weeks) |
So the only blemish on our beautiful Easter weekend happened as we were pulling out of the garage to go to church on Easter. Ryan felt like we were running late, so in his frantic state of rushing us girls out the door, he accidentally opened his garage door instead of mine. Since we were driving my Expedition to church (with the trailer hitch still attached), about 2.5 seconds after we started backing up, we drove right through the garage door. The picture below is after Ryan kicked it in enough to keep the neighborhood cats out (hopefully!) while we switched to his car to make it to church in time to hear the sermon. It was actually a pretty funny morning, from my seat. Not so much from Ryan's. But here's the basics.
We slam into/through the door.
Ryan: Oh F*&%! What was that?!
Kristy: Ummm... I'm thinking it was the garage door?
Gracie: (screaming crying) I didn't want to hit the garage door!
Then Ryan and I get out of the car to assess the damage and realize it's probably a few thousand in new garage doors. I told him it was not a big deal, to which he kept replying "If this isn't a big deal, then what is?!" I gave him some examples of big deals, like parents dying unexpectedly, losing a baby, or finding out your kid has a terminal illness. He didn't quite agree. But by Monday we had an estimate for new doors and by Wednesday we had 3 new, energy efficient, cottage-style doors! Ryan keeps saying that I was glad we had to get new doors because I wanted them with our new siding (which we're getting right now) anyway. Which isn't entirely true, but hey, when life gives you lemons, there ain't nothin' wrong with enjoying a little lemonade! I'll post pics of the new doors when I post pics of the new siding... after it's all finished!




























No comments:
Post a Comment