Although I am trusting God, I did have a panic moment late last week when I hadn't felt the baby move for a few days (okay, so like a day and a half). But since I was 17.5 weeks, which is the time things went south last time, I scheduled myself a little appointment to hear the heartbeat. All was still good. The heart rate was 164 and my doctor let me listen for at least 2 straight minutes while we talked!
My sister brought over our cousin's doppler for me to use today and so far I've been able to hear the heartbeat 3 times. Even Gracie and Kianna got to have a listen. Kiki said, "I just love that sound!" Gracie said, "Yes. Me too!" So precious!
We're looking forward to our big ultrasound on Wednesday where we find out the gender, if Little Weaver cooperates. I'm hoping he/she is like Big Sis who revealed her gender to the ultrasound tech without hesitation. Even though Daddy and Momma didn't find out, Gracie let the tech see that all was developing as it should be.
As for predictions, here's what people are thinking.
Gracie - girl
Daddy - girl
Grandma Sevedge - boy
Aunt Steph - boy, but reserves the right to change her mind till 10 pm Tuesday night!
Uncle John - baby (such a John answer!)
Kyle - boy
Kia - girl
Aunt B - no real guess, but maybe girl
Uncle Chad - girl
Grandma Tena - girl
Grandpa - boy
Momma - girl if I had to guess, but I'm about 51% girl and 49% boy, so nothing will surprise me!
I think several peoples' predictions are based solely on their desire for some testosterone in the family... which I'm kind of hoping for, as well. I want the opportunity to have a son and to develop that special bond. I want it for me and for Ryan. I also think the brother-sister relationship would be so sweet as the kids grow up. But I won't be disappointed if Gracie ends up getting a sister to share the rest of her life with either. Raising one girl has been a total blast and I adore the sweet bond she and I share. So I guess the truth is, I don't really care what it is... I'm just dying to know!
We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment