Thursday, May 28, 2015

Strawberry Picking!

Yesterday was the perfect day to do something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.  We went strawberry picking!  There was a whole day without rain, the first day of its kind in weeks!  Since strawberries have just reached their peak in Missouri, our crew headed out to the 'Land of the Jayhawks' (Lawrence, KS) to Wohletz Farm to have some good ol' fashioned fun! And boy was it fun!

My little Strawberry Blond with some of our strawberries!

The whole crew... even smiling at the same time!
That's my 25 week belly!

Silly kids!

It is back-breaking labor, for sure!

The Hurt Clan

Grammy hard at work!

She found a good one!

Two Weaver Girls!



Gracie ate her weight in strawberries, so don't mind the red stuff between her teeth!

After paying for our strawberries, we cranked the air conditioning and drove back to a park in Eudora, Kansas that we'd discovered on our way out there.  We played and ate our picnic lunch, and of course, washed a big handful of strawberries to enjoy!  On the way out of town, we stopped at a little bakery - Cami's Cakes - or something like that to use the restroom and buy a sweet treat... the softest scone I've ever eaten!  Delish!

This is definitely a tradition I'd like to continue next year!  We picked around 7 pounds and I need to remember that we want more next year!  After snacking on them yesterday, having Strawberry Shortcake (with homemade whipped cream) for dessert, I barely had enough left to freeze.  We've got some sliced up for the next few days, but not tons and tons like I thought I'd have.    

No comments: