Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer Bucket List 2015

A couple of weeks ago, Gracie and I sat down to make our Summer Bucket List.  This year is the first year that she's really understood what it's for and had some real ideas to contribute.  It's been really sweet because she's added to it several times since we created the original list.  She'll come out of her room and say, "I've got an idea, Momma!  We should add... to our Summer List!  Isn't that a good one?!"  And it always is!

While the rain fell this afternoon, Gracie played with some homemade play-doh while I typed up our list.  She's into all the colors of the rainbow these days, so I made sure to add lots of color to our display.  We worked together to cut out the items, punch holes in them, and string them onto ribbon.  After tying the ribbon to the bannister railing, we were all done!  Below are a few pictures of our work!



As we experience things from our list, we put a star sticker onto the card to mark it "complete".  We've already done 6 items on our list!


The items that don't have star stickers will help us make the most of our summer together!

We included "Become a big sister" even though that'll
happen just after summer ends!

Here's a close-up of our list!  Maybe it'll inspire your family to make a little Bucket List of experiences!







Gracie had a great idea a few mornings ago, she thought we should make a Bucket List for every season, not just for Summer.  Not a bad idea!  We might have to try that this year... or maybe next year when Little Sister isn't so little!  Either way, I'm already having a great time 'summering' the days away with this sweet girl!

This is the look I get when I ask her to look at the camera
while Caillou is on the TV across the room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's such a fun little girl!! I love spending summer time with her!!