Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Baking with Natalie

A couple of weeks ago I found this amazingly healthy pumpkin muffin recipe on Pinterest and decided I needed to make it ASAP.  While Hattie was napping and the big girls were at Pre-Kindergarten, Natalie and I worked together to whip up a batch.  It was hilarious baking with Natalie.  Every time I pulled out an ingredient or utensil, she asked, "Is it?" which means, "What is it?".  Of course I let her dump and pour everything... so the job was a little messier than necessary, but fun, nonetheless!  When it came time to stir, I gave her the spoon and put my hand over hers, showing her what to do.  I turned my back for one minute and she'd accidentally splatter some on her hand.  I told her she could lick it off and then before I knew what had happened, the inexperienced sous chef had the spoon in her mouth!  Oops!  I said, "Oh Natalie!  Don't lick the spoon yet, babe!"  So she quickly put the licked spoon back into the bowl of batter.  Yum!  At least it was only family that we were baking for!  Silly monkey!  She was super interested in the oven mitts, so I let her play with them while the muffins baked.



On a  side note, did everyone else know that you can substitute 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tbsp water for one egg in a recipe?  I didn't know that!  This pumpkin muffin recipe is super delicious, by the way!  I made it with a couple different sous chefs 2 days later!  

No comments: