Monday, November 2, 2015

Sweet Baby Girl

It's 11:30 at night and everyone is asleep, except for me. I'm rocking you, Hattie Faith, after a dream feed and soaking up a few extra minutes of snuggle time. I tell myself that I'm trying to get a burp out of you, but the truth is that I just what more time with you. Time to just be. Just be together. To feel your tiny fingers on my neck and hear the rhythm of your breathing. Sweet Hattie, you are the second baby and I get much less snuggle time with you than I want. So much less. Because you're so easy and calm and because there are so many needs that require my attention, I don't get to give you all the lovin' I really want to. I've decided that I'm going to hold you for an entire nap one morning this week, just because I want to. No laundry. No dishes. Just me, you, Natalie, and a few too many TV shows.  Sweet girl, you are loved every bit as much as your sister, even if I don't get to sit down and hold you as much. But in these late night moments, there's nothing I'd rather do than slow down and kiss your forehead and tell you how special you are. Sweet dreams, baby girl. 

No comments: