On December 12, Hattie was 3 months old! Because things were so hectic at the time, I wrote a line on that date, just to sum up my feelings for her on the her 3-month birthday, rather than days (nearly a month) later. I wrote, "I adore this baby girl more than she will ever know. I am blessed to be her Momma!"
At 3 months, Hattie Faith was (and still is) a perfectly wonderful, go-with-the-flow (till she's tired) baby girl. Because she got pink eye just a few weeks before Christmas, I know that she weighed about 12 pounds on her 3 month birthday. Right about the time she got pink eye was right about the time that my thyroid went crazy. I'll blog about that in another post, but suffice it to say that during Hattie's third month, she starting taking mostly bottles (filled with formula combined with breastmilk) and only got to nurse sometimes. She's so laid back though, none of the changes bothered her even a tiny bit. Me, on the other hand, I was a blubbering mess. I was so sad to stop exclusively breastfeeding my baby and so sure that once I did our relationship would be different and worse, somehow. But alas, I was wrong. Our love is just the same as it always was and we're doing just fine with this new normal. See some of our adventures below!
 |
This was taken on December 12! So, so pretty! |
 |
| Smiling with Momma! |
 |
Sitting with the big girls at the lunch table on my "home days". I don't know why, but Natalie looks like she's 13 in this picture?! |
 |
She loves both of her Aunties! And I just want to squeeze her cheeks all the time! |
 |
| Busy Momma got almost no pictures taken on Thanksgiving, but here's one in her turkey outfit. |
 |
Both of my babies! Gracie made me take this picture because Hattie was outgrowing her 3 month clothes. Because I'm pretty sure G is going to end up on an episode of "Hoarders" (another post, another day) I complied and took this picture because it was the last time Hattie would ever wear this cute jumper. |
 |
| She (and I) LOVE bath time! |
 |
| She could (sometimes) grasp onto things at this time. |
 |
| She'd definitely mastered the smile! |
 |
She's always checking out my phone when I take pictures... I'm guessing she's making a mental note to get one of those things one day soon! |
 |
| These ladies spent several afternoons chatting it up! |
 |
| Snuggles with Bubby before he heads to school are also pretty sweet. |
 |
| Crazy Legwarmer Day at Gracie's dance! |
 |
| These two girls, just hanging around! |
No comments:
Post a Comment