Sunday, March 20, 2016

Baking with My Babies!

It's Spring Break this week and for some reason, I didn't feel like I needed a break this year. Most of the time when Spring Break rolls around, I'm exhausted and ready to relax. I'm not sure if it's the nice weather we've been having or just that I'm enjoying my class of students so much this year, but I've had plenty of energy to spend time with my girls, without the nagging desire to curl up and take a nap!   

On Sunday afternoon, the Weaver girls worked together to make applesauce muffins. We used Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious recipe. It's super moist and yummy with the addition of carrot purée.  It was one of Hattie's first baking experiences and she spent most of her time chewing on a silicon basting brush dipped in applesauce. What's not to love?!  Gracie was a true helper and enjoyed learning how to level the measuring spoon of baking powder and baking soda for future recipes! She's mastered cracking eggs (most of the time) and dumping ingredients and stirring, too!

These two ladies bring me so much joy!  What fun we have together!



No comments: