Sunday, October 12, 2025

Gracie’s First Hoco









































What a fun (and slightly exhausting) week it has been at the Weaver house!  I’ve discovered that homecoming week is a marathon for the high school kids, and for their parents!  Maybe it’s just my daughter, but we were running from sun up, till sun down every day this week!  Plus it was a Spirit Week and multiple parades touring the Oak Park feeder pattern schools for Gracie.  It was also a “no heat week” for Gracie’s hair (more on that another day), so I had to be up early for all of Gracie’s hair needs  

On Tuesday night, it was Gracie’s first choir concert, which was amazing!  Followed by a full night of dance for both girls on Wednesday.  Then on Thursday a gaggle of girls gathered at our house to make their bouquets for pictures on Saturday.  Apparently that’s the new thing… corsages are out and bouquets are in?!  Then Friday was the homecoming game!  The theme was Blackout and Gracie and her friends definitely dressed the part!  

Saturday was the day of the dance and Gracie said it felt like Christmas to her!  She could barely sleep the night before because she was so excited!  She and her friends were absolutely beautiful!  They had the best time taking pictures, eating dinner together, and dancing the night away!  Kianna hosted a sleepover for the girls, and I’m guessing they’re still gabbing about all the fun of their first hoco!  

I’m loving the high school phase with Gracie!  I love all her sweet friends and the friendships us Moms have built because of them!  What a blessing!



No comments: