Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blueberries and Bananios

Monday we had our first (hopefully only) snow day of the school year. Even though I'm not too thrilled that the school year will now be extended by one day, I definitely enjoyed the unexpected day home with my baby girl!

Our morning began with Bananios - a little idea I had to help Gracie feed herself bananas. She's still eating purées and mashed foods, but she's a huge fan of feeding herself bites of big girl foods. Every time we try bananas, they just slip right out of her hands. So I got to thinking and discovered that rolling them in Cheerio-dust (made by taking a rolling pin to Cheerios) makes bananas much easier for Gracie to hold onto. Ingenious if I do say so! Gracie loves Bananios!

G also ate blueberries for the first time. Again... loved them! So far, store bought baby food peas are the only thing she hasn't loved.

We spent the rest of our day play-play-playing! So fun! She worked so hard for 2 hours (no joke) trying to master getting from her belly to a sit. She'd try and fall again and again. She finally got it and we cheered and cheered! Yay Gracie! It's so fun watching her develop. Amazing, really!

I'd say she's just a few weeks away from crawling. She is so close and working so hard. She is a persistent little bugger, that's for sure.

Enjoy these pictures from our snow day!


No comments: