Our family is on cloud nine today because my niece Natalie was born yesterday morning! She is absolutely perfect, weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 inches long. She is the spitting image of her big sissy Kia, except that she has a full head of dark hair! We were all surprised by the hair, but when you look at her Daddy, it's clear who she gets it from! As her Auntie, I can't wait to get a clip or hair bow on that head! There's a lot I'm looking forward to with Natalie and the other kids... lots of great memories ahead!
All the kids were interested in meeting Natalie. They took turns holding her and checking out her features. I think my sister would agree that Gracie's excitement for her cousin was through the roof! She was very attentive to her, kissing her forehead and examining her big nose (I can say that because I have one, too!). Gracie cried when we had to let someone else hold her and continued to ask about her all night long, commenting that "Baby Natalie is bootiful". It reassures me that she'll be a great big sister someday. Although after spending some quality overnight time with Natalie last night, I myself am content to wait a little while before adding to the Weaver Roster! Don't get me wrong, Natalie is a doll, but those first few nights are just plain tiring and unpredictable. It took me back to those early days of exhaustion and made me thankful for full nights of sleep. No worries, we'll join the "tired train" again someday, but not today.
Even though I could use a nap, I'm still overjoyed and so grateful for another beautiful baby blessing from God.
Check out a few pictures from Natalie's birth day!






No comments:
Post a Comment