Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer has arrived!

With Friday being my last day of school and this past weekend being our first camping trip, it's quite obviously summer at the Weaver house.

Momma is so ready to be home for a while.  Mostly to spend time with Gracie and her cousins, but I'd be lying if I didn't also include my desire for some afternoon naps. Oh boy, have I missed those naps!  

Our first trip to the lake was a fabulous time. We had a slight issue as a result of severe weather on Friday night. We spent half an hour in the shower house waiting for the severe storms to pass through.  There's nothing quite like cozying up on the nasty shower house floor with your kid, your dog, your husband, and about 20 random (some of them toothless) strangers. Honestly, if we didn't have Gracie, I think I would have felt differently. But thinking of the worst case scenario when you've got a little one relying on you makes your blood pressure go up a little. I'm not usually a nervous person, but I felt it that night for sure. Luckily a few minutes into the ordeal, I noticed two familiar faces.  We met Ray and Diana last year and quite enjoyed their company.  They were hiding out too, which for some reason made me feel a little better, almost as if my parents were there.  After a bit, the severe weather threat cleared and we were able to get on with our trip.  

It was a gorgeous spring camping weekend. Chilly, but perfect for outdoor fun!  We met some old friends down there who have a son just about Gracie's age, which made for some fun with sidewalk chalk and duplo blocks.  We also found time to take many walks, fly a kite, play on the twisty slide, paint pictures outside, and build a campfire.   Gracie is the perfect age for camping and she completely loves everything about the lake. When we were on a walk, Ryan took a deep breath and said, "Ah... I love the lake."  And Little Gracie simply replied, "Me, too."  It was sweet. We're all a bunch of lake rats!

The only slightly bad part about the lake is Gracie's carsickness. If anyone has any advice for preventing a toddler from vomiting all over the place TWICE on the way down to the lake, I would really love to hear it. My poor baby girl handles it like a trooper, but I just feel terrible for her when it happens. Misery. 

As usual, no pictures from our trip. The photographer (me!) was too busy having fun to capture anything on camera. Here's one picture from our stop at Osceola Cheese on the way home. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And she was super excited for the lake trip too! Auntie Teff would like some advice on car sickness too-anyone? Anyone? PLEASE? :)