About a month ago we began a chore chart with Gracie. She's definitely gotten to the age where she can be very, very helpful around the house! She enjoys helping and completing tasks and I enjoy the help! Her most common chores include unloading the dishwasher (just the silverware), putting shoes in "shoe corner" (a corner of the kitchen), and helping with laundry (sorting, folding small towels, and putting away). She really is capable of so much! She can also feed the dog, put her dirty dishes by the sink, bring in newspapers and the recycle bin, clean up her toys, and make her bed.
We also decided to begin teaching her the value of a dollar by giving her an allowance. She gets paid every 2 weeks and is required to save and tithe some of her allowance. She doesn't really understand it all just yet, but she will one day!
Below are a few pictures of her Ladybug Chore Chart. She chose the theme and we made the chart together. It was pretty easy to make and getting a chance to move her completed chores to the 'Done' side is gratifying for her. It's kind of like me crossing items off my 'To Do' list... feels so good! Sometimes I even write things down that I've already done, just so I can cross them off. I know, I'm weird!
2 comments:
I do the same thing with my to do list! I get made fun of for it a LOT! It just makes me feel better.
Meghan, my sister is all about these TO DO Lists-our class even has to do them!! I won't lie-they make me feel giddy as well! :)
Post a Comment