My sister is a member of a local Mom's Group and I tagged along for a visit to Papa Murphy's Pizza to see if it's a group I'd like to join. The Liberty location offers this super fun activity to organizations around town before the store opens for regular business hours. The manager along with 3 of his people organize this whole event.
Upon arrival, the kids wash hands, put on a chef's hat, and head to the back of the store. There the pizza people show the kids who to use the giant mixer to make a batch of pizza crust. While the mixer is mixing, they take the kids back into the refrigerator and show them where they keep the cheese and tomatoes. Each child grabs a roma tomato, which then gets chopped by the manager to show how they make the sauce. Then he demonstrates the cheese grater so the kids see how they prepare all the main ingredients. By the time they've grated the cheese, the pizza dough is ready to be rolled into crusts. Each child got their own hunk of dough to roll into a ball and flatten into crusts. Then we headed out to the front of the store where they'd laid out perfect crusts and cups of sauce and cheese for each child to make his/her own pizza! It was such a treat for the kids!
Waiting to get started!
Sauce!
More cheese, please!
The finished products!
| Doesn't she look proud? |
Sweet Natalie only got to watch, but the big kids shared their pizzas with her at home!
Before we left Papa Murphy's, each child got to put their Mini Murphy in a box to carry home AND each mom received a large pizza, any way we wanted it. And it was FREE! The whole event was free! How cool is that?!
We definitely had a fun time being chefs for the morning and having a ready-to-bake lunch didn't hurt things either. I served my free pizza for dinner the following night with salad and Ryan took the leftovers to work for lunch the next day. I'd call that a win-win-win! I think I'll join this Mom's Group!
And by the way, I get no kickback from Papa Murphy's for saying this, but I'd highly recommend the Liberty Papa Murphy's to all of my friends up that way!
1 comment:
This seriously was the BEST outing ever!!!
Post a Comment