Thursday, September 25, 2014

A few funnies!

Before I forget to post them...

Two weeks ago at preschool, Gracie didn't earn a sticker. When I asked the teacher what happened, she explained that the kids could earn a sticker for knowing their full name.  When she asked Gracie for her full name, G replied,"Gracie Louise" very matter-of-factly. Mrs. Greene was confused because her enrollment card said Grace Mackenzie. So she asked Gracie if she'd ever heard of Grace Mackenzie. Gracie said she has heard that name before, but only from her mom. Aunt Steph calls her Gracie Louise. So that's her full name. What??!!  So I told Steph that missing her sticker once was okay, but I'll hunt her down if it continues!  Too funny! Needless to say, we've cleared that up now. 

Another funny happened tonight. She was stalling bathtime by working on her easel. So I said that I didn't appreciate how I was a sweet Momma by letting her watch a show and eat a junk food snack past her normal bathtime, but when it was her turn to be sweet, she wasn't obeying and getting ready for her bath.  So I left the room to get on my jammies and she followed me into my room to say, and I quote, "Honey. That's just how some kids are."  What??!!  I said, "Well, you have never been that way, but I guess you're not my sweet girl anymore."  She repeated, "Well, that's just how some kids are" while she started undressing herself for bath. Geez, this kid!  She's called me 'honey' a few times lately. It kills me!  

I can only imagine the stories she tells at school. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie-Lou!!!! You crack my up sometimes! And you will always be Gracie-Lou to me!! (Oh, and Mrs. Greene knows and approves)