It's very very early to be sharing the news, but you know that's never stopped us before! We're so happy to be expecting another little one, due September 8, 2015. We're nervous, as you can imagine, but that's why we're sharing the news with you. Please pray for us and for our tiny, tiny baby. We've had one very happy ending with the birth of Gracie and two sad endings with our miscarriages in 2013. This time we are really focused on trusting God and His sovereignty.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." So that is what we will do... TRUST in the Lord will all our hearts. Sometimes it's easier said than done, but mostly I find it easier to trust than to worry. It's kind of outside of my nature to worry anyway, and I prefer the peace that comes from knowing God is the only one who can protect and preserve this pregnancy. A few people have made comments to me this time around saying, "Be careful! Don't do anything to cause a miscarriage." I gently let them know that I didn't do anything to cause the last two miscarriages and also remind them that no one in this world wants a happy ending for this pregnancy more than Daddy and Momma. Honestly, that type of comment doesn't bother me at all, but it does remind me that everyone in our sinful world needs a reminder than God is control. He has a plan for us and while we may not always understand why things happen the way they do, there is immense comfort in knowing that God knows what He's doing. But rest assured, I am doing the best I can to be a safe and smart Momma.
We had our first ultrasound today. I'm exactly 6 weeks today and the ultrasound showed a teeny tiny yolk sac with an even tinier flashing heart above it. The heart rate was 115 bpm, which the doctor said was fairly high for this early. He also noted that it appears that there's only one baby in there, but he won't rule out another for a few weeks yet. Eek! The machine translated the visual flashing of the heart beat into sound, so we were able to hear an audible heart beat today. Pretty darn cool!
It's important to share with you all that while Ryan and I are super excited to let Gracie know that indeed God has put another baby in Momma's tummy, we are NOT sharing that news just yet. Telling Gracie that the baby had gone to heaven last time definitely makes the Top 5 Worst Days of My Life List. Days like that I never hope to relive. So, we're planning hold off on sharing the news with big sissy until the chances of loss are much lower. And by that, I mean we will tell her when I can't hide it anymore. I'm hoping to make it to my birthday or hers, but then I'll be 5-6 months along, so my belly may give it away. We shall see. But when I see any of you readers face to face, feel free to share your excitement with me, just not with Gracie... YET! I can't wait until we can share the news with her. She will be on cloud nine, seriously, this girl LOVES babies! I'm already trying to think of a fun way to surprise her with the news. I'll keep you posted!
Here's the first picture of Little Weaver #4 (or #2 or whatever... depends on how you count!) Not that anyone can really see much, but the big black oval is my uterus (lovely!) and the tiny white dot on the right side of my uterus is the yolk sac. The baby's heart was flashing directly northeast of the yolk sac. God is good!

4 comments:
You are correct-there is nothing we do to cause miscarriages and God has a plan for each of us-even your babies in heaven. You may never know the plan, but you do know how your miscarriages have affected other people, especially the last one. Just keep in mind many people don't know how to respond, but they feel the need to say something. Many of us are praying for you and I hope you feel God's peace through this pregnancy, just TRUST.
Congratulations to all of the Weavers. We are definitely praying for God's plans for all of you. Baby Weaver is on the prayer board.
We appreciate all the prayers! And I think I want to start a prayer board like you guys have!
Congratulations! Kevin and I are thinking of and praying for you guys. <3
Post a Comment