Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Day in the Life of an Auntie

Today was a special day at our house because cousin Annabelle came for her first visit!  Gracie woke up excited to see her youngest cousin and was simply over the moon when she finally arrived!

The big girls got to hold Annabelle. Since sharing is Gracie's best skill just yet, getting Kianna to agree to hold her took some work. You see, Kia does everything in her power to keep Gracie happy. It's super sweet to watch... unless your Gracie's Momma and your trying to teach her to share. 

After Annabelle finished her bottle, Gracie was chomping at the bit to hold her. I told her she could hold Annabelle after she burped. While I was burping Annabelle, Gracie hit Kianna in the head on purpose. So when it was time to hold Annabelle, Gracie was in timeout. I asked Kia if she wanted to hold the baby, to which she replied, "Yes!!"  But then Gracie overheard and completely lost it. Crying and yelling!  So sweet little Kia backed away and explained that she didn't want to hold Annabelle after all. It took some convincing and explaining to both girls, but eventually Kia did take her turn. Although it was a short turn. Gracie calmed down and waited her turn. But sheesh!  I know she's only 2, but I'd really like her to get better at sharing. 

The morning went very smoothly, aside from that incident.  Annabelle was only here for a couple of hours, so there wasn't time for anything to go wrong. Natalie enjoyed playing in the cabinets while I held Annabelle in the Moby and got lunch ready. A super fun morning!  

Below are some pictures of my two littlest nieces. 




No comments: