Ryan bought me the Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker attachment for Christmas and I hadn't tried it out yet. Turns out, it's super super easy, quick, and yields tasty results. You just freeze the bowl for at least 15 hours, make and chill the cream mixture, then stir/mix for 30 minutes. It's that simple! Today I used a modified recipe to cut the fat (only a little), but still maintain the flavor.
1 cup whole milk
A pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups half and half (fattier version uses heavy cream)
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (we just used all the leftovers in the Halloween candy bowl)
And as I said, it tasted fabulous! Gracie was my sous chef today. A good little helper! She and her cousins (those of the ice cream eating age) thought it was a yummy treat! Ryan also gave it his approval! Definitely a success! And I was even happier to find out that it doesn't make tons and tons of ice cream. Only about a quart, which is perfect for dessert for our little family for several nights, but not too much that we couldn't/shouldn't eat it all!
Isn't she lovely?
She's a happy helper! Her job was to open and break apart the candy!
All finished! Her exact words were, "Mmm! It's so goooood!"



1 comment:
Looks yummy!! I agree, ice cream is for all seasons!
Post a Comment