I'm not really the kind of person who worries very often. In general, I'm pretty calm about things, but there is one worry that can keep me up at night, if I let it. Sometimes my thoughts turn morbid and I think about what would happen if something happened to me, or worse yet, if something happened to my husband or children. I almost can't even type those words without feeling anxious. I heard a quote a few weeks back that resonates with me and this issue, "Worrying is like praying for what you don't want." It reminds me to get off that line of thinking whenever it creeps up, and to focus instead on telling God what I do want.
One thing I've discovered about myself is that I want my children to know the stories of our family. Not just the cute and funny stories of their childhoods, although that is important to me, too. But I'm talking about the stories of their parents. The stories you think to ask once you're an adult. After losing my dad in 2005, I can think of several stories I wish I'd have thought to ask him about before he passed away. I've run across multiple experiences that made me wish I could ask my dad how he handled/would've handled the situation. For these reasons, I want to write down our stories for our children so that many years from now, they will be able to read and share them with their families.
I'll label these posts 'Ask Momma'. Which means that on the right hand side of my blog, you can click 'Ask Momma' to see the collection of these posts. I'll post the first one soon titled: How did you and Daddy meet? Check back soon to find out!
1 comment:
Don't forget to include your sister's worries with this FIRST date!!! It's a good thing, Dad was watching over you on the first date! ;)
Post a Comment