This morning we had the privilege of attending Annabelle's baptism. She was such a good little baby as the Pastor baptized her. I didn't hear a peep out of her during the entire service. What a good girl!
It was especially interesting for Gracie because we're currently in the process of taking classes to join the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod at King of Kings. There they believe in infant baptism, which is different from Northland Baptist, where we attended when Gracie was born. So Gracie will be baptized into the Lutheran Church sometime in the future and we've been talking a lot about it lately. She's not too keen on the idea at this point. When we talk about it, she simply says that she's not ready yet. We've talked about what baptism means and we've pulled out the Hymnal and even recited the words as we baptize each other and her babies in the bathtub. But as far as letting Pastor Frank baptize her, she's not ready quite yet. I'm okay letting her wait until she's comfortable with the idea. Her childlike faith is so evident and her love for Jesus and her desire to go to church and Sunday School is strong, that I don't want to push. She will be ready when she's ready. But it was good for her to see Annabelle's baptism today because she was able to get some of her questions answered and see her baby cousin (whom she adores) take the plunge!
Before, during, and after church, all Gracie really wanted to do was hold Annabelle. Surprising, I know! Aunt B and Uncle Chad were nice enough to let Gracie hold Annabelle until her heart was content... well actually, I don't think there are enough hours in the day to make that happen, but she held her quite a bit!
A few pictures from Annabelle's first milestone!
![]() |
| Cousin love! Melts my heart |
| Grandma Tena and her grandbabies! |
| Aunt Kristy and Annabelle So happy to witness her baptism! |
| Uncle Ry-Ry and Annabelle |
I had to add this picture, too! This is the first picture Gracie has taken with a real camera (not my phone) and I think she did a fantastic job!
| Annabelle's Grandma Sandy and me! |

No comments:
Post a Comment