Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day

Our family decorated for Valentine's Day in early January, so little Gracie has been asking for weeks, "Is it Valentine's Day, yet?!"  Finally, on Thursday night, a day early, our little family celebrated our love for one another.  We chose to celebrate on the 13th because Ryan and I had a couple of dates planned for the 14th and 15th.  

We began by fixing biscuits and gravy for dinner... Gracie's favorite!  Then she got to open her gifts.  We got her a balloon (big hit!) some baby accessories (like she needs more) and an Anna doll from Frozen.  She loved it all!  The Anna doll was especially exciting... see below.  I also gave Ryan and Gracie our third family yearbook.  For those who don't know, I use Blog2Print to publish our family yearbook each year.  I include all the blog posts from January 1 - December 31 of the year before.  Then on Valentine's Day, I give it to them as a gift.  It's always fun to pull it out to read and see pictures of the past.   

Giddy about opening presents... and the balloon!





So excited about her Anna doll!

Notice the doll clothes and hair.
Very nice and put together, right?!

30 seconds later
Braids out, Gracie brushing

60 seconds later
Hair brushed, clothes off

90 seconds later
Jammies on

2 minutes later
"Mommy" in princess attire, Baby shushing begins!

Shortly after gifts it was time for a bath, so Gracie dutifully took Anna downstairs and laid her in the cradle with a pillow and blanket.  Such and good Mommy!  What a fun Valentine's Day Eve!

Ryan and I were spoiled this weekend with not one, but TWO dates!  The first was just an easy dinner and shopping at JCPenney, but I'm not complaining.  We both wore jeans, hoodies, and tennis shoes... yeah buddy!  Then on Saturday night we went to The Melting Pot to enjoy some fondue.  It was a unique dining experience and we left totally stuffed.  A great night!  I love date nights with Ryan where we can just be husband and wife.  I do love my role as Mommy, but I also love my role as wife.  Blessed!

No comments: